What do I bring to the test?
If your vehicle has been registered in Arizona for more than a year, you will need only the following:
- The appropriate test fee | View testing Fees >
- Key for locking gas tank, if applicable
- For a retest after an initial failure, bring the original vehicle inspection report with repair information completed on the back (inspection station personnel are prohibited from retesting a vehicle without the completed information)
If your vehicle is being registered in Arizona for the first time, in addition to the above, you will need:
- The previous year vehicle registration, title or bill of sale
BE SURE YOUR VEHICLE IS READY
- Warm up the vehicle’s engine before you arrive
- An overheated engine may cause your vehicle to fail
- Turn off your air conditioner
- Please do not bring passengers or pets
- Trailers need to be removed from vehicles prior to entering the station property
- Vehicles must be able to enter the station under their own power
- OBD Vehicles must be in ready mode | Learn More >
BE SURE YOUR VEHICLE WILL PASS
These preparations can help your vehicle pass the test the first time!
- Fresh fuel, make sure your tank is at least ½ full
- Oil Change (dirty or deteriorated oil can cause higher emissions)
- Tune-up (fresh spark plugs, proper timing, proper RPM) and if applicable, plug wires and vacuum leaks
- Proper operating temperature (and correct thermostat)
- Make sure your “Check Engine” light is OFF, otherwise it will cause an emissions test failure.
WHEN YOU PASS THE TEST